Monday, October 8, 2012

Breaking Even

Every night there is a routine at the Nickles house. After A goes to bed I walk around and quickly put the house back in order. The toys go back to their rightful place, the dishes are cleaned and put away, the laundry is folded ect.

I could say that it was my way of getting a jump on the next day but that's not really the main reason I go through the routine. It's my way of breaking even. I don't have the perfect house on the block, it's not always clean. And, I could leave all the toys out on the floor. (God knows Annabelle is just going to pull each and every one of them back out first thing in the morning.)

No, it's not about getting ahead. It's about that two seconds where you feel relieved that you have a clean slate again. No more, no less.

Here's to breaking even.... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment