Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Letter To Annabelle

7/7/12
Dear sweet Annabelle-

Happy 1st birthday! It seems like just yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital. Our little bundle of joy with rosy pink cheeks, beautiful blue eyes and long eyelashes. It has been incredible to watch you grow- you have changed so much. Physically you have grown from a small helpless little one to an independent walking little girl.... but it is so much more than that. 

You have always had an easy going and pleasant nature. You never cried very much, even in the beginning. You are very happy to share smiles and giggles with familiar friends and family. It takes you a while to warm up to new friends. That's ok- I completely understand that one! You know how to party. Several times throughout the year (Mimi's 50th birthday party and Uncle Phil's wedding) you were the life of the party! Staying up late to socialize and dance with all the guests. And while I have always had anxiety over major milestones in your life -aka dropping naps and feeding schedules ect- you have never been bothered by the transition. You easily adjusted to all changes with no problems. I hope you keep these traits, it will serve you well later in life!

I love to watch you play. You very carefully analyze all your toys and even your playmates. I remember for the first couple playgroups you just sat on the floor watching your friends play trying to figure everything out. Now you are still cautious but you are more willing to jump in and play. You have also learned from your friends. Frequently you would pick up a skill that you learned from a playmate at playgroup. You learned "hands up" from Brayden and crawling from Harper and Grant. So cute. I hope you always have a really good group of friends that you can play with and learn from!

I have a million favorite memories from this year. All of them rattling around in my head. They are all little things like your first smile or singing to you in the middle of the night or watching Daddy feed you your bottle before bedtime. Each one is unique and makes me smile every time I think about them! Annabelle, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and your Daddy. We love you so much. 

Happy birthday!

I will leave you with some words from one of our favorite books. We read it frequently before bedtime. I hope that you know that they are true.

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you will be

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment