Monday, June 13, 2011

Lamaze Classes

Just a quick note on the Lamaze classes that Stephen and I took recently....

1. They do show birthing videos.
2. They do practice silly sounding breathing techniques.
3. They do A LOT of sharing and expression of feelings.

... but it wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be.

I am so glad that Stephen was there with me for the classes. Since we have similar senses of humor it made the ridiculous parts of the class fun. AND not to get too mushy but it makes me calmer to know that Stephen knows what to expect and will be there during labor to help me.

For the record, I am glad that we took the classes. The information was helpful and we got to go on a hospital tour that was very detailed and interesting. I am not convinced that all of the labor "techniques" that were discussed are going to be all that helpful. My assumption is that I will just cope and get through labor however I can.

I would encourage new parents to attend this class solely on the fact that it helps start conversations that you might not ordinarily think to talk about before birth. IE topics like postpartum depression or breastfeeding or even how to split and concur everyday chores when the baby comes home. This class helps get you on the same page and brings you closer as a couple.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment