Monday, February 14, 2011

Maternity Wear, Here I Come

Last weekend Stephen and I were invited to attend the Mayor's Ball, a big shindig benefiting the City of Fort Worth and celebrating the Mayor's contributions. It's a fun event that includes live auctions, music, dancing and requires formal attire.

Originally, I thought I would just wear something that was already in my closet. I have several formal dresses from events in the past. Then I remembered that my boobs and stomach are much larger than they used to be and I can't fit into anything in my closet! So, cue the dress search....on the afternoon of the event.

It really wasn't a difficult search, I was expecting much worse. Stephen convinced me to go to a store called A Pea in A Pod which specializes in higher end maternity wear. Since I was short on time, I agreed and it ended up being the best decision I ever made! Not only did I find a cute dress (on sale none the less) but I also ended up buying two pairs of jeans and several new shirts. I am such a happy camper... and let me tell you, these are the most comfortable clothes I have ever had in my closet! I will probably wear these jeans post baby, they are that comfy!

Anyway, we ended up having a great time at the Mayor's Ball... special thanks to my sweet hubby who helped me shop and even danced with me at the Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment