Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dreaming of Strollers and Car Seats

I never in my life thought I would be so incredibly overwhelmed by baby gear! There are so many things that you need for the new bundle of joy.... and on top of that there are so many versions of every product on the market. It really makes your head swim! Fortunately, after weeks of visiting big box baby retail stores and listening to first hand mom reviews, we have decided on two of the critical baby items- the stroller and the car seat.

1. The Stroller: Baby Jogger, City Mini 2011
    I heart this stroller the most because it is so light and easy to fold up. It is made by Baby Jogger- which of course leads you to believe that this is a jogging stroller. Its not but is durable enough to handle long walks and a little off roading at a slow pace. They have a lot of color options but we chose the red. ( Was there really any other option for me?) Plus the red is gender neutral. The stroller only fits certain car seats.. it just needs an adjuster. I think we will be happy with our pick since it is good for kiddos up to 55lbs. Oh, and did I mention that there is lot of storage?

2. The Infant Car Seat: Peg Perego, Primo Viaggio SIP,  Gala
   It is super light weight, pretty colors and its has the second highest safety rating. (I like the Britax car seat - the number one car seat rank in safety- but it didn't go with my stroller choice and there was only a slight difference in the models). The Peg also holds babies up to 30 lbs so we can use it for quite a while. I went to the store and tried both the stroller and the car seat together and it was really easy to use. Plus they look good together!

I know that these new "toys" are supposed to be for the baby, but Stephen and I are the ones that are going to have to cart them around all the time. I am so happy with our choices it is encouraging to start finalizing all the other things we need to register baby for!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment