Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rice Sensory Box

Yesterday I made Annabelle a rice sensory box. It was fun for both of us! I loved dying the rice different colors (I made yellow, blue, green and purple) and Annabelle loved mixing it up! The box was equipped with a sand sifter, shovel, measuring cup, foam fish cut outs, ribbon, plastic cup and fake flowers. Annabelle liked the shovel and cup the most since she is big into filling things up and dumping them back out again. A did try to eat the rice once... I was surprised that she didn't try it more than once! I guess she is starting to move out of the "everything goes in the mouth" phase. Hooray! Here are some pics.

I made about 3 cups of each color rice. Used food coloring and rubbing alcohol. Let it dry outside in a pan for about 2 hours during nap time. 

Shovel, measuring cup, sifter, plastic cup, foam cut outs, sand plastic fish mold, ribbon and flowers.

A liked filling the cups up with rice

By the end, all the colors were mixed together- fun! Looks like Mardi Gras! 

No comments:

Post a Comment