Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just a Minor Setback

It seems that my recovery process is going to take a little longer than normal. Last week I was readmitted to the hospital in order to treat a severe infection in my C-section wound. I was very upset to have to go back to the hospital.... after all we had just brought Annabelle home and we were all settling into our new lives together. I spent five days at Presbyterian on three different antibiotics via IV. Not fun.

The silver lining is that Annabelle did great throughout the whole ordeal and Stephen was a fantastic husband as usual. They both stayed with me the whole time and we finally made it through. I was cleared to come home last Monday, July 25th.

I am still taking antibiotics at home and slowly healing. My doctors say that I can expect the wound to fully close in 10 or so days. We will see. All I know is that I will be happy to be back to normal asap!

Cheers to a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment