Tuesday, July 5, 2011

39 Weeks

I am skipping my traditional format for this weeks update.

Had my 39 week doctor visit today and received some exciting news. I will be induced Thursday (7/7/11) or Friday (7/8/11) of this week! We just have to wait for some of the blood tests results to come back before she calls and lets us know the definite date.

Here are the details that went into the inducing decision: I am far enough along- 39 weeks is acceptable and full term. My blood pressure is still high (138/88 today). Swelling is down but not completely gone.

A couple complications that will make inducing a little more difficult- I am not dilated at all. So, I will have to have Cervidil before receiving Pitocin to jump start the whole process. Because I will be having Cervidil, I will have to check into L&D the night before the induction. 

So, we are waiting again, but I am truly relieved that the end is near. Not long now until little Annabelle is here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment