Sunday, January 4, 2015

Catching up. A letter to Ethan.

Dear Ethan,

You might think that my (several month) hiatus from this blog meant that I wasn't documenting your life changes. Please know that this is absolutely not the case. I write this only because I want your to know that while our life is so much busier and fuller since you came to us, we-- your dad, myself and Annabelle-- take no less pleasure in watching you grow up.

In the past two months-only a very short time period- you changed so much. You have started babbling, reacting to simple commands (hands up!), moving on your own and your curiosity grows everyday. You are eating solid foods on your own and so far as I can tell- only rejecting things that are green. I suppose we will need to work on that.... You love your bottle. Two things that are interesting, you love feeding yourself solid foods, especially fruits and cheerios but are not interested in holding your bottle or actually drinking out of a sippy cup. I suppose you are on the brink of independence.

I can't tell you how much I love your smile. Those dimples....swoon! You light up any room.

Cozy blankets and cuddles are a must when it comes to bedtime. There are probably a million parenting books that would tell me that I should not rock you to sleep every night. I do it anyways. I don't regret a second of that time I spend with you. Also, I love that you blink twice and sigh right before falling into a deep sleep.

I will be posting pics and trying to catch up over the next week. Updates and random sorts just like before. Stick with me.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment