Tuesday, April 8, 2014

1 Month

Ethan is 1 month old! Time has been very kind to us - since I had such a speedy recovery (compared to my first) I feel like I have been able to soak up some much needed bonding time over the past month. Sweet Ethan is close to 7lbs and 21 in now. We are happy that he is growing steadily after a bumpy start. I think the turning point came when Ethan starting taking reflux medicine. Jury is still out since he still spits up quite a bit once a day. I hope as he continues to grow that the reflux will stop since you can tell it is so hard on his little body.

As for temperament, Ethan really only has a few gears. If he is awake, he is hungry or crying. We haven't gotten to a place were he is content to just sit and look around. I imagine that has a lot to do with his reflux and that he is still very young. Our rule is that if he is sleeping, don't wake the baby! :-) You can guarantee his happiness and quiet with this rule. Ethan is sleeping about 4-4.5 hrs at night. Usually from 11pm to 3am. Otherwise he eats every 2.5-3 hrs.

Oh, and his fav place to sleep-- on you! Or if that isn't available, you can get him calmed down by riding in the car or by running the faucet. It is the little things...


No comments:

Post a Comment