Tuesday, March 27, 2012

South Carolina On My Mind Part 1

We had been looking forward to our trip to South Carolina for awhile. Stephen's best friend, Woody Crenshaw was getting married and we were all set to make the trek across the country to join in on the festivities. As a bonus- we would be able to see all of our family along the way. My Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna live on the lake in Anderson so we stayed with them for most of our trip. FYI- Stephen and I both have family that still live around the Greenville area. I will fill you in on all the relations in a later post.

Stephen and I decided that driving was the best option for this trip (due to all of Annabelle's gear) plus we needed a car in SC to get around. Ideally we would have two days of driving - about eight hours a piece. For the most part the driving wasn't bad. Annabelle was great the first day.... didn't sleep but maybe 45 minutes of the ride but seemed happy and content to go along with our shenanigans. The second day however was a bit different as that was when we noticed her mood change- she had caught Stephen's "sickness." She slept a lot more in the car the second day but she wasn't interested in eating and ran a slight temperature. To be fair I had noticed that she was starting to get a tooth on the bottom gum. Elevated temps and loss of appetite are also symptoms of teething. But, I knew this was more. She wasn't as energetic as normal and I worried she may have an ear infection.

We got to the lake house late on Wednesday night. She was happy to be out of the car.... we were too! We had all day Thursday to relax and play at the lake and that is exactly what we did. Annabelle was great during the day. Her temp seemed stable at 99 and so I didn't take her to the doctor. I regret that now... should have gone sooner. That night she was up and down - her nose stopped up and she was congested.

We took her to Anderson Medical Hospital on Friday morning. Turns out she had a sinus infection and a double ear infection. No good. We got some meds and were hoping that she could get a little relief and sleep Friday night. I was most concerned as she couldn't keep any of her food down. I ended up not going to Woody's rehearsal dinner in Greenville because I didn't want to leave her and I was also starting to feel poorly.

Saturday Annabelle still wasn't feeling better and we didn't get that much sleep. Stephen had gone to stay overnight with Woody so I was on my own. We were however excited to get to visit with cousins Saturday afternoon. Annabelle got to meet Isabelle and Lilly for the first time and it was so fun to see them play together. I have pics on that to follow.

Saturday afternoon I headed to Greenville for the wedding- which was lovely. Congrats again Woody and Melissa! Annabelle was going to come with us to the wedding but she still wasn't on the mend so Mike and Donna graciously babysat for us.

We ended up leaving for home on Sunday morning. Annabelle was doing better keeping her food down but was starting to get a cough. I was getting worse.... and my ears were hurting like crazy. We drove to Mississippi to stay with Stephen's sister Angie. Annabelle and I slept most of the way. Poor Stephen had to drive the entire trip! At least he was starting to feel better!

After visiting with Angie and her family a little while Sunday we left Monday morning for home. We arrived in Dallas about 4pm. Home sweet home! I went directly to the doctor....(sinus infection and ear infection) and Annabelle went to the doctor Tuesday morning (sinus infection, ear infections and upper respiratory infection). We were in such bad shape when we got home that I had to ask my mom to come and help out!! Thankfully she did! Mimi to the rescue!

We are on the mend now though and so happy for it. I can't thank Mike and Donna enough for letting the sickies stay with them. They were amazing, cooking for us and babysitting Annabelle while Stephen and I went to the wedding. We are so blessed to have a wonderful family!

More posts to follow on our trip.... we did have a little fun! Oh, SC I hope we get to visit again soon!

Annabelle got a rattle from the nurse  at AnMed to distract her. She liked it for about a second 
sick baby

sick baby girl

Dad to the rescue at the hospital

Sleepy girl...

Annabelle learning how to drive at a gas station in Alabama

Here comes my first tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment